Digital Marketing Specialist
Full-Time Position (40 hrs/wk)
Love generating results through SEO and paid traffic? Join the Simple Strat team!
You will be responsible for strategizing, implementing, and analyzing paid and organic traffic campaigns. This includes, but is not limited to, SEO campaigns including keyword research, backlink building, on-page copy; as well as advertising campaigns through Google Ads and social platforms.
Our ideal candidate demonstrates strategic thinking skills to help clients compete online through content, utilizing opportunities to rank and drive engagement on various networks. As a Digital Marketing Specialist, you will work with clients and Account Strategists at Simple Strat, as well as members of the production team to achieve client goals and ensure the campaigns and tactics are executed within defined time frames and budget.
To excel in this role, you must love driving results and reviewing performance, constantly thinking about what levers to pull to improve performance. You’re passionate about KPIs and assigning a number to everything. You possess a high degree of self-direction and have the ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities at once.
SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Serving as the team lead for SEO and PPC campaigns
- Assisting with the strategy (along with the account strategists) for traffic and lead generation using SEO and PPC for clients
- Manage, optimize, and scale campaigns, including structure, keywords, and landing pages
- Managing backlink outreach (both performing backlink outreach and managing staff or contractors as needed in this area)
- Identify gaps in content performance from a ranking and traffic perspective
- Perform keyword research
- Write, test, and iterate ads and coordinate with the production team to develop creative for ads and landing pages
- Test and identify new organic and paid channels that could be utilized for clients to drive results
- Running quality control – keeping an eye on all accounts, across all platforms and ensure that there are no broken links, errors, negative comment issues, etc.
- Assist with the development of standard reporting for clients, and direct the creation of reports (through support staff) along with interpretation for clients and team
- At least 2 years proven work experience with PPC and SEO, running campaigns for a fast-growing company/marketing dept or digital agency
- Experience with inbound and/or content marketing strategies
- High attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills + the ability to strategize with a client in “non-technical” lingo
- Ability to solve problems using digital channels
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Fast-learner with demonstrated success in a fast-paced environment
This is a full time role with flexible hours.
Salary: $40,000 to $50,000 based on experience and skillset
Simple Strat is the marketing agency for companies that are serious about growth. By leveraging a proprietary strategy and planning process, we establish a roadmap to increase qualified leads and close more sales.
Our office is located in the Historic Haymarket in downtown Lincoln, under the overpass on 7th & O. Employees enjoy unlimited vacation, a technology allowance, and ongoing career education and development.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- PPC Campaign Management 35% 35%
- On-Page SEO & Research 25% 25%
- Off-Page SEO 25% 25%
- PPC/SEO Strategy 15% 15%