Full Time Position (40hrs/wk)
We are looking for a talented content manager to join our team.
You will be responsible for researching, writing, improving and maintaining content across multiple platforms and industries. Your duties will also include content promotion and collaboration with industry experts.
Our ideal candidate demonstrates creative writing skills as well as a high-level of detail, and is experienced in developing, maintaining, and optimizing content marketing programs.
As a content manager, you will work with clients, internal marketing strategists and the production team to achieve client goals and ensure the content strategies and tactics are executed within defined time frames and budget. Primary responsibilities include editorial planning, content creation, content optimization, and content promotion.
SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets
- Collaborate with marketing and design teams to plan and develop site content, style and layout
- Create and publish engaging content
- Written – blogs, infographics, ebooks, guest posts, press releases, pitches
- Video scripts
- Short and long form
- Edit, proofread and improve other writers’ posts
- Optimize content through keyword research and on-page SEO
- Use Hubspot and content management tools to analyze website traffic and user engagement metrics
- Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic
- Develop and manage editorial calendar
- Ensure compliance with law (e.g. copyright and data protection)
- Educate team and clients on content trends and how that impacts overall results
- 1-2 years proven work experience as a content manager or content creator
- Experience with inbound and/or content marketing strategies preferred. A plus for experience specifically with HubSpot.
- High attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Interested in content trends and audience engagement trends
- Fast-learner with demonstrated success in a fast-paced environment
In addition, this role will also incorporate exploring new and trending content mediums such as podcasts, live video, and more.
This is a full time role with flexible hours.
Salary: $40,000 to $50,000 based on experience and skillset
Simple Strat is the marketing agency for companies that are serious about growth. By leveraging a proprietary strategy and planning process, we establish a roadmap to increase qualified leads and close more sales. Our office is located in the historic haymarket in downtown Lincoln overlooking 8th and P Streets. Employees enjoy unlimited vacation, a technology allowance, and ongoing career education and development. To get a glimpse of our culture and behind the scenes day-to-day life, check out our Instagram profile.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
1. Shoot a 1 minute video (use facetime or your smartphone, nothing fancy, see example below) introducing yourself, why you’re interested in the job, and how your talents will help Simple Strat grow its content marketing and digital services.
2. Send an email with the subject line being – “Content Manager Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In that email, include 2 things:
- A link to that video
- 2-3 examples of your experience with content
We will confirm the receipt of your email. If you have not gotten confirmation that we received your email, please tag us on social media and we’ll make sure to investigate.
- Content Strategy 40%
- Copywriting 40%
- Project Management 10%
- Social Media Management 10%