Community Management Intern
Part-Time Position (15-25 hrs/wk)
Want an internship where you can make a difference? One that challenges you? One that gives you clear goals and the freedom to achieve them in your own way?
Then this position is right up your alley.
Over the last year, we’ve built up a community of marketers in our official HubSpot User Group (HUG). Next year, we’re looking to take things to the next level – and that’s where you come in!
You will be responsible for helping us grow the HUG program by creating content and conversations that engage our current and prospective community members. You’ll get a lot of support from us and HubSpot’s own team, but you’ll also get a ton of freedom to test, experiment, and find your own way to get measurable results (aka – more people at our bi-monthly events).
WHAT IS A HUBSPOT USER GROUP (HUG)?
HubSpot is a company that provides very popular software for marketing, sales, and customer service teams across the globe. In cities around the world, they’ve selected local experts to lead user groups that help HubSpot users get more out of the HubSpot platform through free educational meetups. Simple Strat has the privilege of leading the HUG for Lincoln and Omaha.
SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
Your primary goal will be to increase attendance at our HUG events. You’ll have a lot of freedom to figure out the best way to achieve that goal, but it will likely involve:
- Assisting in research, development, and curation of content ideas
- Creating content to promote the Lincoln-Omaha HUG and HUG events, including but not limited to social media, digital advertisements, blogging, videos, etc.
- Engaging HUG members in our Facebook group
- Assisting with the planning and logistics for each HUG event
- Identifying opportunities for local content promotion and PR
- Measuring the results of your efforts
- Some experience with content development, blogging, social media and/or digital marketing
- Ability to receive and process constructive feedback
- Self-motivated and curious
- Fast-learner with demonstrated success in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and resourceful
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Experience with HubSpot or another CRM and/or content marketing platform
- Experience with managing online communities
- Experience with event planning
This is a part-time role with flexible hours.
Simple Strat is the marketing agency for companies that are serious about growth. By leveraging a proprietary strategy and planning process, we establish a roadmap to increase qualified leads and close more sales. Our office is located in the Historic Haymarket in downtown Lincoln overlooking 8th and P Streets. Learn more about what it’s like to work at Simple Strat over at our culture page, or follow us on Instagram.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Content Writing & Production 35% 35%
- Community Engagement 25% 25%
- Event Planning & Logistics 25% 25%
- Misc Tasks 15% 15%